A key part of the Cambridgeshire bio-technology cluster, East Cambridgeshire offers opportunities for companies looking for specialist and cost effective premises around Cambridge with access to a skilled and expanding labour pool.
A growing number of bio-technology companies already located in the area include Cambridge Life Sciences, Dako, Lumora, LGC, Pharma Mix and Genesis Diagnostics.
The region's biotechnology dominance is reinforced by;
- Established links with 10 universities including Cambridge, Anglia Ruskin, Cranfield, and the University of East Anglia.
- Europe's leading research centre located on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
- 25% of the UK's commercial research and development spend and the largest venture capital funding outside of London.
- The location for 93% of all publicly quoted bioscience companies in Europe.
- High value added manufacture
- Precision Engineering
- Data Campus
- Tourism and Retail
- Case Studies