East Cambridgeshire is home to one of the worlds most famous racecourses and the global equine industry.
Known as the "Headquarters of British Horseracing" Newmarket is at the heart of the racing world and is home to more racehorses, trainers, stable staff, stud farms and racing organisations than anywhere else across the globe.
The region offers unrivalled access and opportunities to join other businesses and companies to satisfy the growing demand for locally based goods and services within this sector, whilst taking advantage of:
- Worldwide reputation as the national centre of thoroughbred breeding.
- Combined direct and indirect equine spend of more than £200m supporting a total of 3,285 FTE jobs.
- 65 stud farms and two racecourses located in and around Newmarket
- Easy access to London St Pancras International and Stansted airport.
Supporting this are the numerous breeding and welfare facilities which are well established and enhance the area as the natural place to locate any associated business. For more information and detail on how Enterprise EC can help develop your business please contact our team.
- High value added manufacture
- Precision Engineering
- Data Campus
- Tourism and Retail
- Case Studies